Thread: Doryndoran - Ret/Prot/(hopefully not)Holy Paladin [ACCEPTED]

Doryndoran - Ret/Prot/(hopefully not)Holy Paladin [ACCEPTED]

Name: Nicolas

PC specs: Sager gaming laptop

CPU: i7-3610QM
    RAM: 16 GB
    Video card: Nvidia GTX480M

Runs wow perfrectly in raids at medium graphics.

Speedtest.net link: http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/4204172504

Armory link (please be logged out in your raiding gear and spec):

Paladin: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...doran/advanced

alts: -Hunter: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nberg/advanced
    -Warrior: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...tdory/advanced

Parses:

Last week's Blast furnace pulls: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...bF7c/#fight=15
    - Note that I healed the first 10 pulls with shit gear as I was raid leading, my healing sucked but I was more focused on calling out stuff for a clean phase 1 to 2 transition. Pulls 11+ are as dps (and calling out stuff still).

Quick LFR I just did: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...e-done&fight=2

Screenshot of raiding UI (in combat, list any addons that are not currently visible):

In combat: http://i.imgur.com/lGsGhj9.jpg

In garrison with tmw showing: http://i.imgur.com/Eew0uUg.jpg
    Note: My raid frames are as shown on the second pictures for 20-man for fights where I need to bop, sac or HoPur raid members. For > 20, I currently have vuhdo on the bottom right of the screen as in picture 1.

Please provide a detailed list of your raiding experience (earliest to most recent). Specify if certain encounters were done on another character and provide an armory link should that apply to you:

I first raided in Karazhan during the Burning Crusade, then moved on to Gruul but that was pretty much it for me during BC. I think I was in Im a Pirate or HKC but can't remember exactly. All raiding was done as a Holy Paladin.

In Wrath, I pugged Nax as a Prot Paladin a few times but thats pretty much it.

In Cataclysm, I raided 10-man Heroic Firelands with Midnight Illusion then moved to Out of Pride at the start of Dragon Soul. Out of Pride disbanded shortly after switching to horde and thats when I joined AT for the rest of Cata (joined march 13th 2012). I mostly raided as Holy but I also cleared Heroic DS on my hunter and played my warrior in alt runs.

In MoP, I raided with you guys until the guild kinda fell appart. So I did 6/6H MSV, 4/6H HoF and I think we were 2/4H ToES when I left, maybe Lei Shi as well. Last progression fight I remember doing was Amber-Shaper while I was in New Caledonia with 20s ping. When I came back from my trip, the guild was kinda falling appart and you guys were doing a 10-man run instead of 25 and so I decided to take a break from the game. A little later I moved to another realm to play with an old friend during T15 and I did 7/13H in his guild (Apotheosis - Gnomeregan) as a raider. I also did Durumu and Dark Animus as a backup/casual raider in the same guild. In T16, I played very casually and mostly did flex runs or normal runs. I killed heroic Dark Shamans as a backup in Apotheosis.

In WoD, I came back to see what had changed and I was surprised to really like the expansion so I gradually started raiding again. My friend's guild would only take me as a healer as they had too many melee dps already so I came back to my roots on Akama and have been raiding with Midnight Illusion since January. We are 2/7M HM and 8/10H BRF atm.

List your previous guilds (earliest to most recent), and why they did not work out for you (please be as detailed as you can be):

Out of Pride: I have enjoyed my stay there even though many raiders were not as serious about raiding as I was. We had trouble recruiting good players so we had to put up with a few individuals we would've rather kicked, which is why the guild fell appart.

Acquired Taste: I joined 1 or two week after DS was cleared. To be honest, AT is the only guild I have even been in where I felt that shit was getting done. In all my other guilds, we were putting up with horrible players because it was hard to recruit better ones. When the 25-man raiding group fell appart, I did not feel like going through guild applications and guild dramas so I took a break, but AT has remained the only guild I felt was on the same page I am about raiding. You guys might not remember much of me because I am not the type of player to talk much but I enjoyed my stay and would'be kept going if we had'nt lost so many players in T14.

Apotheosis - Gnomeregan: I honestly was never a serious member of that guild. I joined to play with a friend, applied for a raiding spot at some point when I had the time and got in. I liked the guild but again certain raiders were not doing what needed to be done for more success. I did not really care as I was more playing the game casually at that point. I still like that guild and would play with those guys anytime cross-realm if they ask me to help out in an alt run or something.

Midnight Illusion: It is mostly a social/casual guild with a handful of great raiders that try to take the guild to a certain success. I like the raiding atmosphere there but there are way too many raiders getting carried. In WoD, the guild has improved from what I remembered it to be but right now we are losing the best raiders for many reasons but mostly because the average performance of our raiders is much lower than their own. We have recently lost our 2 best healers and one of them was the raid leader. I have stepped up as the raid leader for the moment but I don't know if I will be able to replace those who are leaving with the recruitment pool on Akama-Alliance. Last week we managed to kill Maindens but did very slow progress on Blast Furnace. One of our best dps has also told me that he wanted to leave as soon as I find a replacement and our main tank as well as our top 3 dps have told me that they are thinking about leaving if the level of play of certain players does not increase.

I have been thinking for a while about what is the right course of action for me and I don't see myself going through replacing all those people with quality raiders anytime soon. But I want to raid and I want as much success at it as I can with the time that I assign to it. For this to happen, I need to raid with like-minded individuals that put the effort into playing their class/role well. I am not willing to go through months of recruitment (as the responsible player for said recruitment) for raiders that are not even close to the level that they need to be at for mythic fights, especially if the raiders that I feel are good enough are leaving for the same reasons I am willing to leave. If I am unclear about my reasons here, remember that I am french and it might be better to discuss this point with me on vent or mumble if it needs clarification. But TLDR, I am now raid leader after 2 short months into this raid group and I feel many raiders with whom I raid just don't give a crap. I do give a crap and I want to raid with people who feel the same way.

What goals do you hope to obtain with Acquired Taste and why do you think you'd be a suitable recruit for us?

I hope to raid with people that have the same mindset I have about raiding. That means that they and I put the effort to maximize our effectiveness in every encounter, are ready to take on specific roles on certain fights and will do whatever it takes during raiding hours to make the raid more successful. I am a suitable recruit because I know what I am getting into, I am drama-free and I do put forth the effort to be as good a raider as I can be. I am not perfect, I do make mistakes, but I find out what my mistakes were and fix it asap. As far as what I bring to the table as a retribution paladin, I have keybinds to use sac on both tanks, mouseovers for bops or other hands, LoH on both tanks are keybound and accessible (as well as on myself) and I have another mouseover keybind if I need it on a raid member. I am used to having a focus target on which I use my interrupt, I am also used to manage an interrupt rotation and have a tmw to track other player's interrupts. In most fights, I use Selfless Healer as my healing talent and have keybinds to FoL on both tanks and me (sometimes 130k instant heals with 3 stacks). As ret, I don't have the highest dps of all the classes, but I do bring forth extremely effective tank cooldowns and emergency heals and I am able to use those as effectively as possible (+bops).

We want to get to know our future recruits, so tell us a bit about yourself!

I am (still) studying Electrical Engineering! I live in a small appartment in montreal and do my best to finish school while making enough money to stay alive. My student loans currently allow me to have a very stable schedule and the current 21:15-1:15 schedule is perfect for me. Sports I like to do are running, swimming, cycling, volleyball and I guess Ice Hockey (but I suck at it). Other games I play are hearthstone, chess and drinking booze with friends. I love tabletop games as well. As far as my sexual preferences are concerned, I like animals and humans alike, but have a little preference towards bears (I will leave the owls to Hyper). I don't know what else I can say here so ask away if you want to know more!

The french fucking returns

Talked to him today, will invite him once he transfers back over to horde.

He may be potentially bring a couple good raiders with him, we'll see.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails seal-of-approval-meme.jpg